Costa Rica Current Pandemic Entry Requirements
- Tourists must complete and present an epidemiological survey which can be found at: https://ccss.now.sh/
- Tourists must acquire mandatory travel insurance that covers medical care and an unexpected extended hotel stay. Validity of the policy must be during the visit to Costa Rica, and must guarantee that it covers medical expenses in cases of COVID-19 in Costa Rica, for at least $50,000 (fifty thousand United States dollars), and it must include a minimum coverage of $2,000 for expenses of extended lodging due to the pandemic.
Covid Testing For International Travel from Costa Rica
If a PCR Covid test is required by your airline / country to depart Costa Rica, we recommend that reservations for testing should be made prior to arrival as appointments book up quickly. Results will be given within 48 - 72 hours after the test, and the results are valid for 72 hours for your International flight. Service is bilingual and will be managed by the microbiologist . All tests need to be scheduled by appointment by contacting one of the clinics below. Transportation is not included in the price of the test, but can be arranged with the resort transportation desk if needed
Metropolitano Hospital - Approximately 10 minutes from the resort.
Test cost is $120.00 per person.
Call +011 506 2521-9595
Laboratorio Huacas - Approximately 15 minutes from the resort.
Test cost is $120.00. if paying by cash ard $125.00 if paying by credit card. (price is per person, per test)
Call +011 506 8998-1078 or by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beachside Clinic - Approximately 15 minutes from the resort.
Test cost is USD $120 per person.
Call +011 506 2653-9911 or by email directly to email@example.com
What is the cancellation policy for Margaritaville Beach Resort Costa Rica?
What can I expect upon arrival to the resort?
- We ask that guests enter the resort with a mask. All guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings in indoor common areas and public spaces. Some guests may be exempt from this mandate, including children under the age of 2, and individuals with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that makes it unreasonable for the individual to maintain a face covering. Should you arrive without a face mask, one will be provided to you. Masks are not required while dining but are required to enter our restaurants.
- Upon arrival at the lobby, the established distance signs will indicate where to wait for the check In process. Upon arrival at the time of check In, only 1 person per room is required to register. When placing the resort guest key bracelets, they will be placed by the receptionist in charge. In the case of children, the bracelet will be delivered to the parent so that it can be placed on the child. Guests will be provided updated information at check-in on dining, activities, outlets, beach and pools.
- The use of the resort elevator is restricted to 3 people, and will be disinfected every time it is used. Management will maintain the information on the use of schedules for all dining food areas, pools and activities in the resort in order to regulate social distancing of people in common places.
How is the resort keeping guests safe during the pandemic?
- All Housekeeping staff service and clean/sanitize guestrooms each day. To ensure guest safety in their personal space, our housekeepers are equipped with gloves, masks and proper disinfectants to clean surface and floor areas of your guest room. Guest room cleaning includes using cleaning products and protocols that meet health guidelines and are approved and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne pathogens. All "high-touch" areas throughout the resort are now being treated with additional disinfectant/sanitizer on a constant basis (front desk counters, door handles, tabletops, banisters, lounge chairs, etc.).
- Hand sanitizer is available in the common public areas for your use (lobby, restaurants, bars, and meeting rooms). Guests will find hand washing stations for greater safety and comfort, as well as hand sanitizer, hand soap and paper towels.
- The laundry staff has increased measures to sanitize and clean linens and towels that will be used during your stay.
- Staff has received ongoing training in preventing the spread of Covid 19 and the resort will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operation. Every employee is required to enter the resort with a mask, and appropriate PPE equipment required for their position. They have mandatory protocols in place such as hand washing and sanitizing before beginning their shift, and after breaks and meals.
- The resort has signs in all public areas to assist guests in maintaining physical distancing. We are also maintaining space between dining parties in our restaurants and taking steps to ensure physical distancing in and around our pools.
- Any guests presenting symptoms of upper respiratory illness such as cough, fever, cold symptoms, will be asked to self-isolate in their room and will be tested for the virus with local government health officials.
- In addition to the above, we remain available to answer any specific questions you may have. Should you have further questions, please call the resort of email us directly at info@MargaritavilleCR.com or reach out to us via social media.
Are the restaurants open?
- Banana Wind Cafe - Open daily. Breakfast 6:30 am - 10:30 am / Lunch 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm / Dinner 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm. Light buffet service and Ala-carte dining.
- 5 o'Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill - Open daily. Breakfast 6:30 am - 10:30 am / Lunch 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm / Dinner 4:00 pm - 12:00 am. Drinks only from 10:00pm - 12:00 am
- Capriccio's Pizza Bistro - Open daily. Dinner 5:30 pm - 12:00 am. Pizza only after 10:00 pm
- License to Chill Pool Bar - Open daily from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Snacks available from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Which resort amenities are open?
- Onzen Spa Update - The spa is open and appointments are required.
- Fitness Center - The fitness center is open and is equipment is cleaned after each guest use. Should you wish to reserve the fitness center for your own solitary use, you can reserve a time at the front desk upon arrival or anytime during your stay.
- Family Center - The family center and movie theater is open from 11:00 - 700 pm. The movie theater can only be reserved for families traveling together.
- Tennis Court - The tennis court is open and equipment is sanitized after each guest use.
- Children's pool and playground are open and social distancing is required.
- Complimentary activity schedule - A schedule will be provided at check in of the resorts daily activities. Social distancing is required during all scheduled activities.
- Watersports center is open.
- The tour concierge desk operated by Swiss Travel is open.
- The photo shop is open and guests may arrange for photos of their vacation.
- The swimming pools are open and social distancing is required. The swim up pool bar is closed. Bar service is available poolside.
- The beach is open from 5:30 AM until 6: PM. Complimentary beach chairs are available to guests.
What Sustainable Practices Do You Have?
What is open in the local town of Flamingo Beach?
You will find restaurants, and shops open but with social distancing and mask requirements. Please feel free to ask our guest services staff for information on a particular establishment to keep up to date on hours of operation for local businesses. All major tourist attractions are open with health and safety regulations (mask required).